Friday, September 18, 2009

Mr.Hudson Interview

"HS: G.O.O.D. Music has a laundry list of heavy hitters on their roster. Line up aside; what sold you on signing with the label?

H: Um, I don’t think I had much choice. Did I? In honesty, I was a little bit lost at that point. I had made the first album. Didn’t know what I was going to do and it just made a lot of sense. Going through G.O.O.D. Music was really just a formality because Kanye was like (in so many words) “look, I’m going to look out for you, I’m going to produce your record. You make the music and I’ll make you famous.” It was simple. Even when we were talking about production and who to bring in for different pieces of the album he said – you just sing really well and I’ll make some beats. That was the plan. End of conversation. Just starting another cookie here… "
Finish reading the rest of the article from Highsnobiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment